Saturday, October 14, 2017

In darkness I cry...

Alone and lonely,
runnels of hot tears
course across trails
long traveled.

No balm for ills,
impossible challenge
blocks every effort.

I live in the blackest well,
subterranean existence
devoid of a glimmer of light,
bleak and hopeless.

Ugly bigotry, self-recrimination
damns every thought -
bleak lives don’t matter.

I struggle to rise to the level
of support and charity
extended by so many.

But still inside myself,
I cannot break past walls
that await in front of every hopeful turn.

Contemplating the potential peace of non-existence,
I consider the horror of self destruction.

It would be so easy.

It would be so easy.

It would be so easy.

But my counselors remonstrate,
Just a change of scenery”.

And those professing care and love,
injured beyond imagining,
wounded to the heart
by my selfish impulse,
unable to comprehend
the dark force that ever drives my thoughts.

Helpless and naked
I cry unto God for relief.

What answers mocks my pain.

I cried because I had no shoes
until I met a man who had no feet.



The mist of darkness will cover you at times so much that you will not be able to see your way even a short distance ahead. You will not be able to see clearly. But you can feel your way. With the gift of the Holy Ghost, you can feel your way ahead through life. Grasp the iron rod, and do not let go. Through the power of the Holy Ghost, you can feel your way through life. (See 3 Nephi 18:25; D&;C 9:8.) Elder Boyd K Packer: Lehi's dream and you



Suicide: Some Things We Know, Elder Russel M Ballard

No comments: