Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rehab progress 33

Routine. That is what the workouts are approaching, much to my relief.

I have not experienced any untoward episodes in weeks. Settling down do a steady pace, I can easily crank out a half mile on the treadmill. I´m going to step things up a bit, increase the tempo and the length of my stride to cover more ground, because I think the treadmill is the best return for time spent.

I´m also covering more ground at home, walking around the yard. On Saturday, we travelled to a prospective contracting job site, South Willow Canyon, in the Stansbury Range. Part of the road was barricaded to vehicle traffic, so I hobbled on up the trail for about a mile or two. When I returned, my dad was just making motions to stir from a long nap and come to search for me. It was a long walk, but I did it - and without falling down. Not bad for a handicapped guy.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Lots of great news, Jim.

~*~*~*YAY*~*~*~

Thanks for updating your rehab status. I very much like reading your reports to see what's happening.

Bill Cobabe said...

This IS good news! Keep up the great work. I especially like the part about lenghtening your stride and covering more ground. Sounds like advice we could all use.

Rhonda said...

Jim,
I'm trying to decide if your last paragraph contains a typo or not. Was Uncle Bill taking a long nap rather than a "log nap?" My first guess was this was a typo, but then I wondered if he might have been napping on a log or like a log? Either way, I'm so glad to hear that things are routine. We've had enough excitement, I think.

Unknown said...

Rhonda,

My bad. Typos are gratuitous.