Thursday, April 07, 2016

April 2016 General Conference: President Eyring, "Where Two or Three Are Gathered"



During President Eyring's opening address, he touched on a subject that intrigued me.  

I know from experience what the faith of good people can do to bring words from the Spirit at the close of a sermon. More than once, someone has said to me after my testimony, “How did you know what I so needed to hear?” I have learned not to be surprised when I cannot remember saying the words. I spoke the words of testimony, but the Lord was there, giving them to me in the moment. The promise that the Lord will give us words in the very moment applies especially to testimony (see D&C 24:6). Listen carefully to the testimonies borne in this conference—you will feel closer to the Lord.

As I recall, he emphasized the words "...in the very moment..." 

The Doctrine and Covenants passage he quotes from:

And it shall be given thee in the very moment what thou shalt speak and write, and they shall hear it, or I will send unto them a cursing instead of a blessing.

I am reviewing the Conference messages with the intent of renewing my sense of what I heard.  I am anxious to experience blessing, not cursing, to result.


No comments: