Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rehab progress 4


I am working daily at the most rudimentary exercises. It seems like child's play compared to what I could do before, but I do strain to the utmost to accomplish so little today. It is frustrating in the extreme to be making such slow progress. I feel trapped in a recalcitrant and cranky body.

My brain seems to range far ahead. I think of what I want to say a long time before I can speak it. It is like being constrained to slow motion, while recording everything at full speed. I feel so stupid when I try to speak. I am really not trying to attract any sympathy, but I am afraid I look so pathetic, people feel like I need it.

Please be encouraging, but not overly sympathetic. I need time and support to recover myself, not more weeping and wailing. Those I can take care of myself, thank you very much.

No comments: