Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rehab progress 22

I have every evidence that rehabilitation is progressing normally, albiet very slowly. It is a challenging difficulty to continue in the exercises and routine, though I would dearly love to say that I am recovered. Too many problems yet remain.

I am encouraged that my balance and dizzyness seem to have improved so dramatically over the past few days. I was making the complaint to my physical therapist, Ben Robinson, that I can walk for long distances over an extended time period, when I have something to hang onto when I threaten to fall, but I cannot successfully walk across the room. That problem seems to have gotten much better this week. Although I still teeter and weave like a drunk man, I have a lot less to complain about. I told Ben that I think he worked some kind of voodoo spell on me, so abrupt were the changes. Maybe it is mostly imagined, but it seems I have a lot better time navigating. We went to the forest on Monday afternoon to collect more firewood for the winter, and I was able to work without being tripped up or falling down. The improvement was enough that I cannot deny, things are looking good. I only wish a few of the other problems I am having would respond so quickly and positively.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you got one nephew thinking of you all the time. keep it up man, you'll recover fully, i'm sure of that much. i love you so much Jim. You'll recover, and you'll continue on doing what you love ,and i'm so proud of you for it. you're a huge inspiration to me

Unknown said...

Well you got one nephew thinking of you all the time. keep it up man, you'll recover fully, i'm sure of that much. i love you so much Jim. You'll recover, and you'll continue on doing what you love ,and i'm so proud of you for it. you're a huge inspiration to me

Karin said...

Hi Uncle Jim! It's Karin, Brian's wife. We have a blog too, so you can check it out if you ever feel so inclined.

It sounds like you are doing very well after your stroke. Brian and I think about you often and hope that you are getting better and better everyday. We love you! Keep at it! Things will get better :)

Love,
K

Karin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Brian and Karin,

I think of you too. I am sorry we don't get together more often, but it is a long trip.

I hope all is well for you. I know that you may run into hard times, but always remember we are wishing you the best, and keep on trying.