Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 2008 General Conference: Pray Always



In his recent conference talk, Elder Bednar gives valuable words of counsel regarding the manner in which we should offer up prayers to God.


His talk outlines three basic, simple principles we can observe to make our prayers more effective. I felt certain that these ideas were based upon his personal experience.


Principle #1. Prayer becomes more meaningful as we counsel with the Lord in all our doings (see Alma 37:37).

Principle #2. Prayer becomes more meaningful as we express heartfelt gratitude.

Principle #3. Prayer becomes more meaningful as we pray for others with real intent and a sincere heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity with which Elder Bednar teaches. I listen to his talk and I immediately have items I can implement in my life.

His thoughts on praying with a feeling of gratitude just made a light bulb go off in my head.

I have struggles in life and I pray asking for help all the time. But it is not often enough that I simply thank my Heavenly Father for the great help he has given me in overcoming my struggles.

I love the teachings of the Lords prophets.