Saturday, February 07, 2009

Utah Places: Boulder Mountain

I got lost on Boulder Mountain above Escalante for awhile. I have to say, I was with another guy on the BYU Survival Adventure trek, and to tell you the truth, we didn't much care if we found our way or not. We wandered around for a while until we ran into another group of guys that were just as lost. The group leadership had sent us off for a short trek on our own, after describing the route and landmarks along the way. We were supposed to boogie along this route and converge with the rest of the group at a main rendezvous point later in the day. Anyway, it was so much fun just tooling around the mountain and goofing off that we didn't do very careful route-finding, and we ended up on one of the other groups trails. We joined up with them, and weren't too late for the rendezvous, and it turned out that all the other leaders were searching for some girls that had wandered the wrong way down Harris Wash the day before. They ended up at Lake Powell instead off climbing up over the Henry's headed for Capitol Reef with the rest of the group.

I discovered that there is more to southern Utah than Zion, and was a bit surprised to find that I really loved the area. Someday maybe I will move there, the good Lord willing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really amazing pic. I'd love to see that place.