Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Miracles IV: Setting the Stage



I entered rehab with Utah Valley's outpatient program, and did good work there, from August through November. I wrote lots about daily progress elsewhere, so don't need to rehash all that. But in hindsight, I must say that there was miraculous motivation and a continued resolve to push on every day. I made great progress. Until the second stroke hit in November, I was recovering very well.

The Lord was setting the stage and I was not aware. Now the workings are uncovered, and I marvel, openmouthed. Truly, all things testify of him.

Next instalment:  Me and My Hospital

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine where you would be if you had not been working so hard to recover, when the second stroke hit.

Unknown said...

Ruth,

That thought has been suggested by your father as well. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean for that to sound trite. I hope it didn't. You know you mean the world to me. I want you around for as long as I can keep you. I'm just really glad you're as functional as you are. I know you're frustrated by the backslide, but you made progress once, and you'll do it again.

Keep fighting.