Thursday, February 05, 2009

Utah Places: Black Box

Ruth asked me to tell about some of the spectacular places I have been in Utah. This is one. But I don't show it with light recommendation. You might just want to admire the pictures. It is one of the most danger hikes I have done.

Ruth, the entire San Rafael is so close to your home, it is like your back yard!

Here are some pointers.

(Anyway, I am trying to tell about some of these special places I have been before they slip away from me altogether. Sorry if I might have told some of the stories before. I do not remember. Please bear with me.)

(Ruth -- another note about hiking in Utah's desert, while I'm thinking. You are not likely to encounter too many nastys, but best be prepared. Slathers of 100% deet for clouds of biting bugs of all kinds, a very large first aid, cell phone, tell some one where you are going, when you expect to be returning, and when to start searching. Any other measure of safety within reason, like carry water, and stop to help ones who might be in trouble, even if they are not. You meet nice people that way...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I get the pointers. We're not going. You're a nutter for going, but that's where the good stuff is, right?