Monday, February 09, 2009

Utah Places: Spirit Lake Lodge

This is not a Utah place to visit, just one of my daydreams.

I went here on a survey with Rocky Mountain Research. It is the Spirit Lake Lodge. Here is the real estate blurb:

Uniquely located at an elevation over 10,000 feet, Spirit Lake sits nestled in one of our nations most outstanding ecosystems, The High Uinta Wilderness.

Accommodations include cabin rentals, full service restaurant, boat rentals and guided fishing and hunting trips. It is a seasonal business right now but there is great potential for winter time operation. We are permitted through the Ashley National Forest.

Asking Price ($): $1,250,000.00

It has been in my dreams ever since I saw it. I thought some day I would find Rhodes gold, or Butch Cassidy's cache somewhere, and retire in wealth managing this cosy lodge high in the mountains.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I think this is the daydream of anyone who has ever hiked the mountains and dreamed of finding lost treasure!

I've got a gold pan in my front closet so I can just go out at a moment's notice and strike it rich. I'm sure it will happen. Any day now . . .

Then we'll all retire in style, ok?

Unknown said...

Ruth,

I'd be happy to show you how to get to Rhodes Canyon. It takes 4wd just to get off the highway. This road is the only place in the Uintas where I ever saw a bear, and it was running away from our SUV faster than we could drive. These critters in that area are apparently afraid of the sheep herders and ranchers with their carbines. They run away from people as fast as they can.

Anonymous said...

Well, um, I hate to bring up a touchy subject, but I broke the 4wd. In fact, I broke the drive in the 4wd.

Oops!

Unknown said...

Ruth,

We will fix it.

Better still, you can take ATVs.

How do you like them apples?

a little music said...

I would still love to go. We could pile into mom's truck and go for a day trip. What do you think?