Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Update

Carl again, posting for Jim.

You know, every time I post on this blog I am made acutely aware of how wonderful a writer Jim is and how poorly my writing measures up.  But, I guess it's the best you've got....

I had a meeting run late at work today, so I ended up very late getting to the hospital.  I made it only about 5 minutes before the end of visiting hours.  So I only got to spend about 10 minutes with Jim (the staff gave me an extra 5 to be nice).  Jim continues to progress.  He looked better and happier than yesterday.  He seems to be both physically and mentally stronger.  I understand that he's had some discussions with the hospital staff, and is hopeful that he'll be able to be released after the weekend if he continues to progress.

Jim is thinking about the possibility of getting into some kind of group home in Salt Lake valley, where he could be closer to his sons and have access to public transportation to help him get around.  It's an option he may want to pursue at some time in the future.

The glasses that Jim got prescribed by Dr. DeGre seem to be helping him.  His intensity and frequency of shark attacks is falling off.  I believe there are clear signs of progress for him.

I gave Jim the comments each of you left on yesterday's post.  I didn't have time to read them to him, but I did tell him who they were from.  He was pleased to receive them.  When I visit tomorrow I'll collect his responses, and make them part of my post.

Thanks to all who continue to have faith and pray in behalf of Jim.  He feels keenly the effects of your faith and prayers.

Carl

4 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

Carl--thank you so much for your updates about Jim! We appreciate them more than I can say. So good to hear he is comtinuing to progress--that's really what life is all about--isn't it? It would be great for him to to be in Salt Lake closer to his boys. I am so happy for him that they have re-established a relationship. Good for all parties! Please tell Jim we re praying for him in our little family too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Carl for your help. And give Jim our love, and let him know we are praying for him every day.

Love, Mary and Gene

Anonymous said...

Carl,
thanks for posting updates on my dad, its a little hard to get ahold of him lately. I just want him to know how much we love him and are praying for him; and i am grateful to hear he is improving. I hope to see much more of him in the coming months and years, we've spent too long apart. I know he and the family is hurting right now, but i know through faith in our Savior's plan and by excersizing the pure love of Christ we can all come together in a spirit of forgiveness and unconditional love. It worked for me, and i will be eternally grateful that Heavenly Father softened my heart so i could open the gate and be encircled in the love of my father. I was very thankful that Dad could make it to Emmalees funeral, and i am exceedingly grateful for all the financial support of the family in our time of crisis and need. Thank you all for your love and prayers, and please know you are in mine.
Jim, Jenn, Katelyn, Christopher, and Emmalee

Anonymous said...

Jim I am a stalker of your post. I pray for you daily and know you are a well loved man. I laugh with you in your happy times and cry with you in your sad times. I seldom post comments as I have MS and find my brain has a mind of its own. Tonight I am in charge for awhile and can think,so I wanted you to know I admire you and the strengh you recieve from Faith,Family and friends. Prayer and Peace Sister Angel Chick Texas