Thursday, April 09, 2009

Living Together in Love



I am still trying to find the fullest measure of love and life. My choices don't please everyone. I realize that, but it is a catch-22 situation.

The harder I try to please certain others, the less satisfied I am. They define their own arbitrary rules for things that seem axiomatic and standard to me. Truth is not situational or a matter of convenience. That which is true one moment must necessarily be true the next, all else being equal.

I am an advocate of Thumper's Rule -- "IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMTHIN' NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHIN' AT ALL".

I will refuse any posts or comments that flagrantly violate Thumper's Rule. So, if you choose to violate it, start your own lone and lonesome blog, if you please.

Thank you kindly.

3 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

AMEN to that! I said something similar on my blog just the other day. Unfourtunate, isn't it. I really like what you said about the truth not being situational or a matter of convenience. Good man Jim. Good man.

Unknown said...

Just a friendly reminder -- Thumper's Rule is being enforced. Arbitrarily and totally according to MY call. If I think you have violated even the SPIRIT of the rule, you won't likely see your comments here.

Remember, I make no buts about it -- I am the absolute dictator of policy on this blog. If you don't like that go start your own. Or complain to me. I might even listen if I'm on a really good mood that day.

a little music said...

You only enforce that rule with me.

Both of the comments posted are aimed at hurting me.

And your blogs are aimed at hurting me.

I'll just stop reading.