Friday, April 03, 2009

Response to Sarah's Smokin' Hot Body


I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
gray at the temples, soft body, delighted,
cracked up by life with a laugh that's known bitter but,
passed it, got better,
knows she's a survivor that whatever comes,
she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep weathered basket.

I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover with arms strong and tender,
the growing up daughter who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons and sunrises.

I find her becoming, this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass, who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,
but knows she's not scarce
who knows she is plenty, plenty to share.

-- Jayne Relaford Brown

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

As soon as I saw this I knew Becky was the guest blogger. Love it! (Love you, too!)

Unknown said...

B. Perky,

You always manage to surprise me, which is the only thing I have ever been able -- or wanted -- to predict or understand about you.

Thanks to the XX side of the mix for some unique insights. Men simply cannot think this way, no matter how we try.

I had hoped that Johnna and some of her associates would also be enticed. Maybe that will come later.

Ever hopeful...

Anonymous said...

Cindy again,

This is a great poem! Self-acceptance is such a wonderful thing that has been happening for me. I know my faults (at least enough of them to recognize how far I have to go, so thanks, I don't need more reminders!) but I am me and that's an ok thing. Wish that lesson could be learned sooner in life, but I think maybe it's part of what life is about.

Probably helps that I have such a great husband...he helps me to see good, when I cannot. Thanks Becky!

Love you,
Cindy

B. Perky said...

Thanks Rhonda, see you at Disneyland next year.

Cindy, I think I've gone past self acceptance at times. When I'm at most peace is when I love what I see in the mirror.

JIm, I'm glad I surprize you. I like to be unpredictable. I take this as a comlement.